Dental Implants in Los Angeles
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
Endosteal Dental Implants
Endosteal (in the bone) is the most commonly used type of implant. It usually includes a titanium screw or cylinder surgically placed into the jawbone. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of implant is generally used as an alternative for patients with bridges or removable dentures who have sufficient amount/height of jawbone left. The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease.
Dental Implants Procedures
Your dentist will examine you to determine where and how your implant should be placed. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, your dentist will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs. Your dental implant treatment plan may include one or more of the following:
- Replacing a single tooth: if you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it.
- Replacing several teeth: if you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them.
- Replacing all of your teeth: if you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.
- Sinus augmentation: a key to implant success is the quantity and quality of the bone where the implant is to be placed. The upper back jaw has traditionally been one of the most difficult areas to successfully place dental implants due to insufficient bone quantity and quality and the close proximity to the sinus. Sinus augmentation can help correct this problem by raising the sinus floor and developing bone for the placement of dental implants.
- Ridge modification: deformities in the upper or lower jaw can leave you with inadequate bone in which to place dental implants. To correct the problem, the gum is lifted away from the ridge to expose the bony defect. The defect is then filled with bone or bone substitute to build up the ridge. Ridge modification has been shown to greatly improve appearance and increase your chances for successful implants that can last for years to come.
After treatment, your dentist will develop the best care plan for you. Periodic follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your implant, teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy. Dental implants are like your own teeth and will require the same care. In order to keep your implant clean and plaque-free, brushing and flossing are still needed.
Meet our Dedicated Team of Dental Professionals
Charles Huang, DDSDentist, Owner
A Los Angeles native, Dr. Charles Huang, DDS attended the University of California, Santa Barbara and graduated with a Bachelors degree in Pharmacology. He went on to receiving a DDS degree from NYU.
Lesley Hugh, DDSAssociate Dentist
Kyung Lesley Hugh, DDS graduated from Columbia University Dental School in New York in 2015. She completed her post-graduate residency (GPR) at Montefiore, New York in 2016.
Anna RaithDental Hygienist
Anna Raith, Registered Dental Hygienist, has been working in dental field for over 7 years and joined River Dentistry office in 2016. She gratuated with honors and received a Western Periodontology Award.
Illya LykhininOffice Manager
Illya is River Dentistry’s Office Manager and dental insurance expert. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2017 and cheerfully communicates with the most demanding patients.
What Our Patients Say About Us
I highly recommend Dr. Charles Huang! He and his team are extremely friendly, honest with you about everything, and provide phenomenal services. They will always let you know any charges ahead of time and will never bill you for hidden fees. Hands down, best dentist I've ever had! (Yelp Review)
Dr. Charlie and his staff were friendly and took good care of me during my visit. I recommend if you are looking for a dentist to give River Dentistry a try. I HATE going to the dentist, but all my fears aside, they took great care to make sure I was comfortable through the procedures. Definitely recommended! (Yelp Review)
I recently moved to LA and was looking for a dentist. The Yelp reviews were 100% positive, so I had to check it out. From the very beginning each staff member was warm and friendly... and proceeded to do a great job. These guys are really great. Amazing customer service and genuine concern. A very satisfied customer 🙂 (Yelp Review)
What a find! Needed a dentist in my area that was open on Saturday and, to my great pleasure, I found River Dentistry. I went in because of a chipped front tooth and came out with a fresh clean smile. Dr. Huang is amazing with his work and also with the care and attention he provides [to] his patients. (Yelp Review)